We are a team of serial entrepreneurs, health care experts, and tech whizzes, grounded in a shared passion for improving healthcare and working with great people.
Leveraging cutting‐edge artificial intelligence built by a team that previously developed AI systems for Apple, Google, and SpaceX, we are helping physicians, hospital systems and health plans dramatically improve patient satisfaction and reduce the heavy administrative costs from prior authorization.
The Verata Health team includes alumni of Harvard Business School and MIT, a former Mayo physician, the inventor of several technologies you know very well (including Google Maps), and Cartier’s North American Female Entrepreneur of the Year. More importantly, we have fun doing what we do and take pride in making an impact helping patients.
Our products are being used by healthcare organizations around the country, and we’re looking for talented professionals to help us accelerate our growth. If you are highly driven, want to learn from and work alongside an experienced team, and have a genuine desire to make an impact on patients, we want to hear from you!
Marketing Specialist Role:
The Marketing Specialist role is for an experienced marketer that knows their way around a website, on social media, and can support CRM platforms. We’re looking for a ‘Jack of All Trades’ that can roll up their sleeves, can thrive in a fast-paced environment and wear many hats while juggling multiple tasks. This role is for someone that is flexible, can adapt to changing situations and can collaborate with team members on work that is focused on making an impact.
Key Areas of Experience and Expertise:
- Website – You can support a growing WordPress site by building pages and creating blog posts
- Social Media – You can manage a company account on LinkedIn and a handle on Twitter
- CRM – You have experience with CRM platforms and are a HubSpot Marketing Pro
Essential Job Duties:
- Manage the Verata Health website including adding content, updating pages and blog posts
- Manage social media content and share posts on LinkedIn and Twitter
- Support email marketing campaigns using HubSpot Marketing Pro
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Knowledge and expertise around website management, specifically WordPress
- Experience managing social media and LinkedIn channels
- Proven ability to manage and HubSpot CRM platform, including Marketing Pro
- Preferred experience in healthcare, health technology or at a software company
- Additional Skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
Lead Software Engineer:
The Lead Software Engineer provides various levels of programming, design, testing, implementation, and documentation of our business system software in the environment; performs fact finding and analysis for problem solving with the business application. Works in a full stack design environment with a focus on UI and business logic. Assists team members on-shore and off-shore through daily interaction and mentoring.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Work together with our CPO and technical leads to provide technical and systems design expertise in various levels of programming, design, testing, implementation, and documentation of our business application
- Perform fact finding and analysis to problem solve with a focus on evaluating and identifying improvements to system architecture, UI and business logic.
- Is proactive regarding product development, new services and technologies or enhancements to existing systems/configurations which will assist in improving overall service to our customers.
- Maintaining cohesiveness in development and communication between teams
- Maintain a platform that is stable, scalable, up to date and extendable
- Collaborate with developers/dev-ops to come up with new development tools that simplify development (for example code generation), automation, deployment strategies, etc.
- Work with upper management to understand long-term strategy for the company and ensure platform adapts over time to meet those goals.
- Mentor for other developers in relation to the technology and direction; to include code reviews, pair programming, and other activities associated with team development.
- Ensure that platform evolution doesn’t compromise any of the existing goals: stable, scalable, simple to develop against, etc.
- 5 or more years of experience developing software using some of the following technologies: C#, ASP.Net Core 3.1; experience using Git or other source code repositories
- Understanding of Agile processes
- Understanding of technologies, frameworks and design patterns
- Experience with scalable and complex distributed systems, performance analysis, and/or large-scale data processing
- Software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Proficiency with Unit Testing, including strong experience creating tests, running tests, and managing outcomes
- UI development experience for client-side consumption
- Experience with Git, LINQ, Azure and SQL (preferred)
- Leading/mentoring development teams experience
- Good oral and written communication skills, and analytical skills necessary
- BS/MS in computer science, or related field